Saturday, December 14, 2013

My Condolences

Yesterday while in Winnipeg, I took a moment in my long and busy day to do something I've never taken the time to do before.  I stopped at the Manitoba Legislature Buildings and signed the book of condolences for Nelson Mandela.  My thoughts and prayers continue to go out for the Mandela family and the beautiful people of South Africa.  I have never known the injustice that so many South Africans have experienced and it is my hope that they will continue to strive for Nelson Mandela's vision of a Rainbow Nation where justice reigns no matter race, religion, sex or age.  That in the generations to come, their children can live in a truly free South Africa and fondly remember a great man in Nelson Mandela who fought for their freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce