Sunday, June 16, 2013

Youth Day ~ South Africa

Today's post is for all my South African friends celebrating Youth Day and remembering the Soweto Uprising of June 16, 1976.  It is also a time to remember and pray for Nelson Mandela - an exemplary visionary and an extraordinary human being.  He wrote: "As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison."  Profound words to lead a broken country out of apartheid and words that can still inspire us today.

www.cnn.com/2013/06/14/opinion/bilchik-nelson-mandela/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce