Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Most Dangerous Place in the World to be a Child

Please take the time to read this Winnipeg Free Press article even though it may be hard to do.  The eyes of the child in the picture are haunting, pleading. . .and my stomach turns.  How will God forgive us when we allow that to happen to children?  When I complain about the weather or the fact that my fast food is not fast enough or the long list of other luxuries that I feel I deserve. . .

This is not about guilt - it's about action.  Living in one of the best countries in the world requires that you and I speak up, donate, or maybe even go outside of our comfort zones so that no country earns the title "The Most Dangerous Place in the World to be a Child".

www.winnipegfreepress.com/world/off-the-charts-133000-somali-children-die-in-famine-after-militant-ban-slow-aid-response-205875791.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce